Wednesday 23 October 2013

Hair Transition: Month 3

Now that I'm heading into month 4, let me review how everything is going............

First, I have no complaints because everything has been going well so far. I have a lot of new growth coming in so that makes me happy to know that my hair is actually growing. Not really having a problem with my two textures yet because I guess my new growth is not that long and I use gel to help control my edges. Still doing my protective styling and the only time that I use heat is when I am blow drying my hair (but it's set to a low setting with the heat).

So these are the products that I have been using during my third month of transitioning:




Shampoo: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo - I only shampoo my hair once a month to remove build up but I'm planning to switch to a sulfate free shampoo when I have finished this product.

Conditioner: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner - I use this in between my shampoo washes as my co-wash conditioner. I still love this product because it leaves my hair so soft and smooth. Also great for detangling my hair.

Deep Conditioner: Organix Macadamia Oil Intense Moisture Mask - I only deep condition once a month (I use this when I shampoo my hair) so I apply this onto my hair, leave in for about 45 minutes, and then rinse out. I like this product because it leaves my hair soft and manageable.

Leave-In Conditioner: Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner - I apply this to my hair after I wash my hair. This really leaves my hair moisturize and shiny.

Daily Styling Products: Palmers Olive Oil Spray, Smooth N' Shine Styling Gel, and Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque - I ran out of my Palmer's Olive Oil Gro Therapy cream so I decided to try Shea Moisture. I know it's made for deep conditioning but I use it as a styling aid when I do bantu knot outs, ponytails, and etc. I only use the Smooth N' Shine for when I pull my hair into a ponytail or for edge control. I use the Palmers Olive Oil Spray each day to keep my hair moisturize.

Here are some pics of my everyday styles (you can see some of the new growth coming in):



(Bantu Knot Out with Shea Moisture and Palmers Olive Oil Spray)



(Bantu Knot Out side view)


(Ponytail with Shea Moisture and Smooth N' Shine Gel)

Here are some pics of my hair wet:



(Hair after rinsing out Organix)



(Back shot)

Also Happy MLK Jr. Day to all of my Blogger Fam!



(Source)

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment